Sunday, January 4, 2015

Solitvdo Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Solitvdo was born in the early months of 2012 as my solo-project.
In the same year, approximately in June 2012 the project published "Demo MMXII", a demo of 5 songs, self-produced. After one year of inactivity, I wrote new songs in the autumn of 2013 and in September 2014 was released the first full length trough Eremita Produzioni (as cassette limited to 48 copies ) and Naturmacht Prod (as 6-panel-digipak limited to 100 copies).
That's all about Solitvdo's biography.

2.In September you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the demo you had released in 2012?
Basically, Solitvdo is a black metal project. On this base, I included various musical proposal that goes from ambient and acoustic elements to neo-folk and orchestral scores. I don't want to put limits to my ispirations, so if I'd to descibe my musical proposal I say black metal, 'cause there's is the basis on wich I develop all the rest.
Between the full length and the demo there are many differents. "Demo MMXII" was inspired by swedish black metal because all the melodies was created by guitars, as usually happens in the "swedish style". The lyrics was in english, even if the "concept" was the same I've wrote for the Full and the sound of the demo is  raw and instinctive..."Immerso in un bosco di querce" instead is an album that bases its melodies and arrangements with orchestral instruments and acoustic elements. I used italian language 'cause it's my language and with it, I can express my feelings and concepts.
For this work, I spent more time to find the right sounds and to mix all the elements.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
In principle, Solitvdo is based on my voluntary inability to live and integrate myself in this social and (un)cultural context. So the subject of my lyrics is me and, so, all this rot and ruins around me. Each theme is treated only and exclusively from my point of view, I don't want and I don't care to generalize or provide solutions for the flock that's living this era and contribute to this situation.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Solitvdo"?
As I said earlier, Solitvdo is based on my voluntary inability to live and integrate myself in this social context. Solitvdo means "Solitude" in Latin, Solitude as the only remedy for this era, Solitude as only defense in this life, Solitude as ascetism, the last valour remain.

5.With this project you record everything by yourself, do you prefer working solos to a full band?
I'm Solitvdo and Solitvdo is me. There will never be space for anyone else in this project, just guest if they are related to the music and/or lyric of Solitvdo.

6.The new album was released by both Eremita Produzioni and Naturmacht productions, do you feel both of these labels have been very helpful when it comes to getting your music out there heard?
Of course. Both Eremita Produzioni than Naturmacht Prod did a great job, prove to be very important for Solitvdo.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of atmospheric black metal?
The Full Length has just come out so I can't say how atmospheric black metal fans think about my work. Honeslty, I don't give a damn about the opinion of the flock, I'm interested to the opinion of the few people that I consider close to my being.

8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
No, I'm focused on Solitvdo, there isn't space for other projects.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
I don't know and, sincerely, I don't care.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I don't know, I am inspired by the concepts expressed earlier rather than the music of other bands. Surely the music I listen influence my compositions, so if I could name some bands I would say Drudkh, S.E.W., Ulver, Rome, Death in June, just to say the most important for me, as the most famous Opera composers like Wagner, Bach, Musorgskij, Chopin and so on. But, as i said, the most influences come from extra-musical interest.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
Read, Reflect, Meditate.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thanks for the interview and interest, for anyone interested to Solitvdo you can listen some tracks of "Immerso in un bosco di querce" on our bandcamp: http://solitvdo.bandcamp.com/album/immerso-in-un-bosco-di-quercethrough
... and buy this work through Naturmach prod, Ermita prod. or write us here: https://www.facebook.com/solitvdo
Thanks, bye
D.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment