Friday, December 9, 2011

NunFuckRitual Interview


1. Can you tell us a little bit more about this new project?
The project was born out of a couple of riff I had laying around that did not fit any of my other bands. I played the riffs to Espen one drunken night and he really liked what he heard.From there we made more songs and Espen added vocals. When the pre-prod was done we contacted the other guys to ask if they wanted to take part in it.


2. How would you describe the sound that is presented on the album and what you hope to achieve with this group that you have not been able to with the other projects?
The whole project was actually created around a guitar sound from the pre-prod. As you can hear, NFR is more about atmosphere then anything else, maybe its more visual as well.


3. What are some of the lyrical topics the band explores with the music?
The theme is asexual reproduction and how that actually occurs in nature. Lyrics is not important with this project, its more about getting something out of what you are hearing and make up theme's for yourself.


4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
That was just a coincidence, I had a folder named NunFuckRitual on my computer and I had these riffs in it.


5. I have read that this group has not done any shows yet, but if it where to happen what could we expect from a NunFuckRitual live performance?
We want to do this live, but we must get the right offer and talk some more about it. We are not interested in going onstage with some bad lighting and a smoke machine. It has to be planned very well and it has to be visual.


6. I have noticed that Dan Lilker plays bass on the recording, we did you get in contact and what is it like working with a long time underground metal veteran?
I known Dan since I met him on tour with Celtic Frost and 1349. Dan is a very cool cat to work with, no stress what so ever whit that dude.


7. On a worldwide level how has your music been received by black metal fans?
Either you like it or you don't like it. The ones that doesn't like it think its boring, they probably did not understand the thing. But that's cool. If I one day make something that everyone likes, then I've done something wrong.


8. I have noticed that now your are performing with Mayhem and in the midst of a US tour, do you feel honored that you are working with one of the most legendary black metal bands in the world and what is your opinion on the American audience?
Honored, not sure. I don't feel excitement about much in life. Of course its cool to hang out with friends and drink some alcohol and doing stupid shit. Doing tours is a struggle, its to crowded and there is nowhere to hide. But all in all, I can't really complain. I know many others that would give up their arms to do guitars in Mayhem (grin).


9. Are there any plans for any future albums from this project and if so what can we expect from future releases?
Yeah I finished my work on album number 2 just before I went on the US tour with Mayhem, now its up to Espen to do his charm on it. He should have something ready when I get back home. So the new album should be out around summer next year I guess.



10. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for the support and interest in NFR, go fuck a nun

--
Teloch
-------------------------------------------------
Guitarist/Bassist/Composer in Mayhem,Nidingr, Umoral,The Konsortium, NunFuckRitual.


Next up :


Nidingr Wolf-Father Vinyl, Oktober.
Umoral recording full-length, October.
NunFuckRitual, debut album will be available in a 6-panel digipack CD on October 14th (October 18th in North America) via Debemur Morti Productions.

Mayhem - Rockheim Trondheim - Norway October 18th
Mayhem - North America Tour- November - December

Facebook
Myspace
Myspace @ archive.org
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment