Sunday, October 17, 2010

Borgne Interview


1. Can you introduce the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Borgne is a swiss industrial black metal solo project which was formed in 1998 “entraves de l’âme” will be the 5th opus.

2.How would you describe the musical sound of the new album?

This last journey sound more organic than the preview album. It has been recorded in the same way and with the same materials. I did more work on mixing and mastering from CZ. My sound is more succeeded, darker and stranger. I use new sounds and aims into the dark world of Borgne.

3.What are some of the lyrical concepts or topics the new album explores?

Entraves de l’âme is the Borgne first album where the lyrics are written into the cd’s booklet. Into the past, Borgne was talking about other unknown and unexplored worlds. But on this one I talk about realities, loneliness, hate and sadness.

These lyrics have been written by Peter and Skahl for me. We have worked subjects together and they have been written by them, but it talks about me and my devils. It’s good to have big brothers to talk about yourself. Isn’it?

4.The new album had appearances from CZ of Vinterrikett and Malefic from Xasthur, how did you get in contact with these people and where you satisfied with the final result?

Malefic, we are in touch for few years already and it was decided once to have a working agreement on an album or a split cd but it was more with Enoid (my other black metal project). I asked him to make an intro for this album because I like his music and his state of mind. I have lots of respect for him.

CZ, I’ve known him for about a year. We met each other from “Grim” who played in Borgne too. With CZ, We have understood quickly than collaboration through our damned souls will be possible. He does the outro for this album. He is excellent in doing sounds and atmosphere and everything I needed to end this journey. CZ become an important friend for me, I have lots of respect for everything he does with Vinterriket, Atomtrakt and all his other projects.

On this cd, there is also Ardelean (Fosse) and Juno Nitta (Juno Bloodlust) who do some apparitions with guitar and keyboard. I am really satisfied on their works.

5.How has your music been received so far by black metal fans worldwide?

I have lots of good and very positive feedbacks about Borgne since the release of Borgne II. Especially from USA and Japan, a bit from France too. But since Borgne IV feedbacks are more often and come from everywhere. Canada and Russia for example. I have got also some from Switzerland. Thanks to Sepulchral for his excellent work.

6.How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?

12 years ago, Borgne was born but without identity. For few years I thought about myself and I had lots of experiences. It’s from Borgne III that I found the right direction that Borgne should follow. With this 5th album I found my proper identity. For the future I think it will go in the same way.

7.Currently you are signed to Sepulchral Productions, how would you describe the support the label has given you so far?

I believe that Sepulchral is a real good label which gives to Borgne the chance to be exported. That’s true that Borgne IV is better built that the previous one but with this label Borgne had more diffusion and distribution. Sepluchral is a really good label which works on quality and I hope keep on working with it into the next future.

8.Are there any current side projects going on besides this band?

Yes, I still work with Enoid (brutal black metal project) and Decomposition (ambient project) which it is planned to do some shows. But it’s especially Borgne that take all my time recently. I have also participated with others projects that I have to keep secret for the moment.

9.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I listen especially bands like XASTHUR, LUNAR AURORA, MYSTICUM, BURZUM, ATOMTRACT and ENDLESS DISMAL MOAN that I use only a bit as influences. I try for a long time to influence more myself than before. I really try to create everything that come to my mind. I compose lots of songs for Borgne and I’ve got lots that I haven’t used yet. It might be stupid but I listen lots of what I do and for this last album I deleted more than 30 minutes of music because I didn’t find it was good anymore.

10.Does Occultism or Satanism play any role in your music?

Satanism isn’t a part of Borgne’s story. I have never included politics or religion or other believes into my music.

11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?

I am afraid that I haven’t any others interest than music at the moment. Or maybe watching horror movies. A bit cliché isnt’it?

12.Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?

First of all, thanks to you for this interview and thanks to all people who is a part of this cd.

Open yours souls, make them let go through all hindrances and let yourself spread out by this dark Borgne’s music before being completely fool.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment